Leaving on a jet plane ✈️

 So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu!
It had been a very memorable trip with my favorite boy.  We will not soon forget all of our adventures.  Friday we headed to Madrid on TAP air.  They are a great airline; friendly, helpful, clean and on time.  That’s a rare thing in the states or should I say it’s rare for American Airlines. 


We take a cab to the hotel, eat in the bar and pretty much crash. I tried to catch up on emails and my blog but we were exhausted and ready to go home. Flight across the pond is tomorrow, Saturday, June 1.
In the meantime, hello beautiful! 🤩 
Now that’s a nice going away present.  Just sayin’

We wake up Saturday, shower and head to the airport. I thought I’d show you a pick of all our bags. We have never, ever checked bags until this trip.
Yes, 3 checked bags and two carryons. The carryons basically had all my purchases in them! 😝
Madrid’s airport is huge and takes some maneuvering. We were there hours early-you know Bill!  But, he was right in this case.  Thank God they had an American Priority Counter.  The woman checked our bags in and gave us directions to security and the club.  For all you AA fliers, please note that you can use Iberia Airlines Business club.  Let’s just say that it makes even the best American club look pathetic.  Great food, drink and space!
Flight was on time and we were excited to be coming back to CB.  Until next time, be well.  

As they started serving what I guess they considered dinner, I said to Bill “I’m surprised you wore a white shirt. He said “I’m covering the lower half with a napkin” I tried not to giggle but I knew there was a better chance than not that he’d get that curry sauce somewhere. He was just about to brag when his napkin rubbed his shirt and 2 spots of curry got on his shirt. Omg. 😱 wish you could have seen his face. Mr. Gorgeous can’t be dirty so he dug in his carry on and found a shirt. He couldn’t possibly fly 6 more hours with a dirty shirt.
In air shenanigans. After awhile, I need a distraction! 😝




I waved to my parents as we passed Bangor and blew kisses to Allie over Boston!
4165 miles across. And now customs and a 3.5 hour drive!


I still am amazed how amazing Global Entry is. Quick, simple and no hassle! And then we hit the rental car 🚗 company. What’s wrong with this picture!
On the road again but we’re hungry so we pull into Midwood Barbecue for a beautiful salad with brisket! Yummy in my tummy!

It’s 8:44pm and we are home!🏠. It’s great to have these adventures but it’s so nice to be home! Our bed 🛌 is calling.
Peace out…thanks for following my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sleep Worksheet

Shit's gettin' real

To Clean or Not to Clean...