Cadiz to Seville

 Today started a bit wonky.  Bill thought we had to be downstairs ready for our trip to Seville by 8am because the ship’s app indicated this time.  The tix, however, said 9:00am.  Surely the app is correct.  ๐Ÿ‘Ž Nope, the tix were right.  Having a free hour, I got another cappuccino and started organizing our room, and voila! What should I find?  My Mother's Day cards.  Yep, I didn’t want to open them before Mother’s Day so I took them with me.  I had forgotten them because it’s been a whirlwind since we left.  



I’d like to thank my daughter for the lovely cards (thank goodness I’m grooming you to become more and more like me as the years pass-love you boo), my parents for saying such kind things and to my husband who always writes the most amazing sentiments.  I usually save all my cards but I took pictures of the insides of all of them and put the originals in File 19.  No, I’m not sharing these personal treasures!

We’re finally off to Seville, about an hour and a half from Cรกdiz.  Oh my, the countryside is loaded with olives, ๐Ÿซ’ oranges ๐ŸŠ and much to my surprise Sunflowers ๐ŸŒป.  Miles and miles of sunflowers.  Spain is one of the biggest exporters of sunflowers.  Who knew? Perhaps you knew but I sure as heck didn’t!





These aren’t fabulous pics because they were taken from a bus going about 80 km but you can zoom in and see the flowers.  Fields and fields of yellow. 

We passed several wind farms with each one sporting 20+ windmills.  They are massive. I managed to get a half ass shot of part of one. 



Arriving in Seville, we AGAIN find stunning architecture.  If it weren’t for this blog separating the days, I would NEVER remember where a building was located.  Though beautiful, there’s not many cathedrals that would ever, ever compare to the one in Toledo.  I’m literally just doing a photo dump of today because I have a hot date tonight at one of the ship’s specialty restaurants, Candles.  To the crew that went to Greece, the restaurants are names the same as the smaller boat. Actually, I could be wrong about that.  Candles ๐Ÿ•ฏ️ is the same but the other one is tapas and called Cuadro 44. I digress. 

Welcome to Palace de Pilatos!  Gardens are magazine worthy.  The ceramic tiles, if you’re into this sort of thing like I am, are gorgeous beyond words.  I’m running out of adjectives.  Please message me between the hours of EST 6am -noon with adjective suggestions.  I’m sure the blog reader is getting as bored  with gorgeous, amazing, stunning as I am!  I could say “bloody fucking amazing” but it’s not lady-like.  Don’t even say it!














Thought I’d point out that I did a back bend to get the next picture as this is actually the ceiling and yes, that is all gold!






A break in the action for lunch with new friends Deborah and Eddie before making our way to the cathedral. 

Russian salad is big here.  The ingredients are still a mystery to me but I think if potato salad and tuna salad dated, their kid would resemble this dish. I had spinach and chickpeas which looked worse than diarrhea but actually tasted amazing. I put it on crackers.  Couldn’t gross you out with a picture. 


Wandered through the streets on the way to the cathedral and snapped a few interesting shots.  All of the cities we’ve visited reminded me of Venice with the very narrow streets that featured shops, bars and restaurants. 






I’m in love with the ceramics.  The base of the window is made from ceramics.  




Off to Catedral de Sevilla! Though impressive, the cathedral in Toledo was far more impressive than this one.  Besides, St. Peter’s, I don’t believe anything can rival Toledo’s Cathedral.









Off to Central Square to end our tour.  








So, we’re heading to candles ๐Ÿ•ฏ️ tonight; the ships version of a steakhouse.  And, the weather was perfection!  I wanted to take pics of all the delicious food but we were enjoying our special date night (every night is date night! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰). 

I managed to capture a few of the moments.  

This was a shiitake ball and I’m pretty sure I inhaled it.  
All you get to see is the left over reduced wine sauce for the steak!   The filet was to die for and so was the asparagus!  Bill didn’t eat green, he headed for the loaded potato.  
Look at that stud!  How lucky am I?

Peace out.  Next part could be X-rated. ๐Ÿ˜œ wink, wink ๐Ÿ˜‰ 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sleep Worksheet

Shit's gettin' real

To Clean or Not to Clean...